Friday, January 19, 2007

the first freak out....

Well, I dont think it is possible to plan a wedding without something (or several things) not going the way you plan.

The bridesmaid dresses came in last week. They are beautiful. Windra's (Maid of Honor) dress was not - it was not the right color! All the bridesmaids were supposed to be in A-line tea length glass green satin skirts and tops. Windra's was the same skirt, with a ivory and glass green hand painted top.

Well, hers came in celedon, which if you dont know, is a very ugly light olive green! Does NOT match at all! Of course I didnt know this until we got home because the bridal shop was nice enough to bring them to the Tacoma Bridal Show last weekend so I wouldnt have to drive an hour to their shop. I just took them home without checking. After several phone calls back and forth, they are going to re-order Windra's skirt, and I had to pick a new top since apparently the top does not come in glass green. (would have been nice to know a bit sooner). Windra was freaking out as well since she is in Guam and could do nothing to help.

I actually was proud of the fact that I did not yell or become "Bridezilla." I did cry and rant to a friend before I actually made the first phone call though. And at least it happened now instead of in June, right? I did survive the first upset though, and that is HUGE....lets hope I can hold it together from now on as well!

No comments: