Tax season has started off with a bang, with quarterlies due this month, but wedding planning must continue! My future mother in law, Nancy, met with a caterer on Monday, which was the last of the BIG things needing to be done. Now for details. So many of them! AKK!
Nancy is having her boss's wife put together a centerpiece I saw in a bridal magazine to see if I like it. Nancy, my mom, and I are going to the Tacoma Bridal Show this weekend to see if I can find a florist, or at least some ideas for my bouquet. By the end of this month I should also have invitations ordered.....thank goodness for Costco.com!
We decided pretty early on that we were not going to have alcohol at our wedding. Having a 10:30 am wedding with a buffet luncheon type reception makes it pretty easy to explain. Not only that , but the Parish Hall only allows wine and champagne toasts, which we decided to forgo in favor of sparkling apple cider (which we already have purchased 48 bottles of and are stored in my uncle's basement). A lot easier on the budget too!
Since we are not having alcohol, I wanted to do something memorable at the reception....I wasn't sure just what though. Then I got a movie on DVD from my brother, Thomas, for Christmas and instantly was inspired. The movie? FOOTLOOSE! Thomas has a friend who is the drill team advisor at a local High School as well as a former dance team member at WWU. Thomas is going to ask Joel to teach a bunch of us ("us" includes not only Andrew and myself, but also Thomas, my cousin's and their boyfriends and anyone else I can sucker into it) to teach us the steps from the movie to perform at the reception! I am so excited! (Andrew is gritting his teeth and going along for the ride :)
The guest list is being compiled, which is daunting. There are so many people I dont have addresses for! We met for our pre-marriage counseling this weekend and got the stamp of approval. There is one more all day seminar at the church that we must attend in March. The counseling was great. Donna made us feel welcome and at ease, and we left feeling certain all over again! Andrew did say that I am better at telling other people why he is so great, so I am going to have to work on showing my feelings to HIM a bit...all in all it was a great experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment