Saturday, January 6, 2007

six months and counting...

That's right...six months from now I will be walking down the aisle of St Andrew Catholic chuch towards Andrew and a lifetime of love, friendship, trust and commitment. In the past few weeks I have been reflecting on just how far I have come in the past 3 years.

Three years ago, I packed up my two kiddos and moved from Guam to Washington. I left my 9 1/2 years as a Navy wife behind after a sudden and unexpected divorce and moved into my parent's home. I battled a full range of emotions including sadness, anger, bitterness, and a lack of self confidence. It was not an easy road.

I look at my life now and feel truly content. I have found my way back to the church and finally understand a personal relationship with God. I have two lovely children who surprise me regularly with their intelligence, thoughtfulness and talents. And God has blessed me with a man who has taught me what real love can be like. I have survived 7 months of supporting myself and the kiddos in our own home. I just began my senior year at Saint Martin University, studying Accounting, while working in a small bookkeeping firm full time.

My life seems crazy busy, yet I wouldn't have it any other way...well that is a lie, but I am surviving. With work, school, kids, homework, spending time with Andrew, teaching junior high youth group, and participating in the church's Young Adults group; planning the wedding does not really have first priority. Yet, somehow, details seem to be falling into place. I just keep putting my trust in God, and he keeps placing people in my path to help me along the way.

The next few months, I plan on blabbing about all the details as they fall into place. So far, I have my dress, veil, my daughter's dress, the photographer, the DJ, Andrew's ring, and two vocalists. I am so blessed to have met such wonderful people at Young Adults. They have offered to help with so much, and agreed to do things at my request. I love you all!

No comments: